Gypsy Crossing is found inside Newberg Ace Hardware so naturally we love a good DIY project. Check back regularly for some great tips, tricks, and everything you need to get the creative juices flowing.
Create your own fall display that makes for a great gift, table centerpiece for your family gatherings, or a fall touch to your outdoor space. Follow these few simple steps to create your masterpiece.
1. Begin by gathering your supplies.
Pumpkin or gourd of your choosing. We love our local produce stand.
2. Visit us at Newberg Ace Hardware and pick up:
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- spanish moss
- succulents of your liking
3. Add some hot glue to the top of the clean and dry pumpkin or gourd.
4. Add moss to the top of the pumpkin to cover most of the top. You can add more glue to help make sure the moss is secure. Let dry.
5. With garden clippers you can take small clippings from the succulents. Then, add a small amount of hot glue to the succulent stem and place where desired. Start with the largest succulent in the middle.
6. Continue gluing your succulent clippings in desired areas on the moss. Don’t forget, the smallest little clipping is worth adding, they will grow.
7. Water a couple times a week by misting with a spray bottle. It will last several weeks as an indoor centerpiece or in your outdoor area.
After a few weeks, when the pumpkin starts to go bad, you can cut the top part of the pumpkin off or just remove the moss and succulents to plant in a planter or your garden and continue to enjoy your creation.
If you choose to have the succulents indoors, make sure they get plenty of sunlight.